The archaeological site of Qhataqasapatallaqta is located in the south east of Cusco city, in the foothills of Q'ompo Huanakauri. The enclosure is made by an andean system and contention walls, also it presented a well-defined of trace vertical and horizontal streets.
The construction was built on a hillside with a strong gradient toward the Association of "Francisco Bolognesi", the feature that presents this area are retaining walls which make the shape of terraces.
According to archaeological work conducted, the place belongs to the Late Intermediate Period (Killke) Late horizon, manifests the Qhataqasapatallaqta was one of the forts surrounding Cusco.
In 1940, Dr. John H. Rowe conducted excavations in the area of Karmenka, which corroborates that Qhataqasapatallaqta Killke potsherds, which belong to the sector of Karmenka found.